Saturday, May 18, 2013

Hello Summer!

One of the things I love about subbing on The Z is that my summer comes earlier than ever before. Here in New England, we hail Memorial Day weekend as the unofficial start of summer. People decamp down the Cape, down east to Maine and, in some cases, glare at the upcoming July 4th holiday like ti's the beginning of the end.

Me, I love starting summer radio in May. The trees have just bloomed, the sky is full of puffy clouds, and gosh-darn-it, I can shed my leather jacket.

Here's the first show, at a wholly new time zone. This summer, I'm on from 9-11pm, Wednesday nights. I hate to interrupt NCP, but believe me - drop your tab halfway into Molly's 7pm show and we'll be good to go by 9pm. Trust. I am your interim spirit animal.

Oh, and I had a wicked cold last week. You can hear it. Eeeuch.


Audio and playlist after the jump -

Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Hour One


Hour Two


Playlist
Cold Turkey     2:30      Big Boy Pete   
The Teddy Boys From The Crypt    2:16    
Wasting My Time     2:28 New Breed    
Seance     2:05 The Ebb Tides   
Inspiration In My Head     2:30     6 Feet Under   
- BREAK
Take Out     2:38         Black Sacks        
Yesterday's Hero     2:35     Satyrs    
Velvet Illusions     2:04     Velvet Illusions    
Nam Myo Renge Kyo     2:36     Music Emporium    
Angels Die Hard     1:49     East West Pipeline   
Mary Wanna Mary Me     2:34     Neal Ford and the Fanatics    
- BREAK.
El Escape     2:49     Los Mirlos    
Manifesto     3:22     A Case Of Tyme    
Hosanna         2:07     Les 5 Gentlemen    
99th Floor     2:14     TNT    
Hog (I'm A Hog For You Baby)     2:55     The Groupies    
- BREAK
I'll Be There     2:17 Tony Worsley    
Gingerbread man     2:16     Shades    
Breadbox     2:09     Reign Ghost        
Step Out of Your Window You Can Fly     2:31 The Lovechain
Hard To Cry     2:26  The Northwest Company    
- BREAK
Black Nor Blue 1:53 The Soothsayers
It's All A Part Of Me (Stereo) 2:55 The Deep
Dirty Filthy Mud  2:59 The Forest Of Black
The Electronic Insides & Metal Com.… 2:13 Riders of the Mark
The Face of Time 2:30 Plague
- BREAK
Pumpkin Pie 2:34     Wimple Winch  
I'm Coming Home     6:00     The Deviants   
Liver Juice Vending Machine 2:40 Foodbrain
I Put A Spell On You     2:44     The Druids of Stonehenge
no matter how you slice it     2:26     Sean Buckley & The Breadcrumbs
- BREAK
I Want To Be Rich Again (South Africa) 1:42     Them   
I Love You So     2:11     The Others    
Fire In My Bones     2:04     13th Floor Elevators    
Round Trip     3:15     Touch   
Climb That Tree     3:33     The She Trinity   
- BREAK
What'd I Say     4:14     The CAKE    
Banned In Boston     2:59     Sam The Sham & The Pharoes   
Summertime     2:42     Billy Stewart      
Hoochie Coochie Man    3:28     The Artwoods 
Tobacco Road     4:43 The Blues Magoos  

No comments:

Post a Comment